About the Society
International Society of Preventive & Community Dentistry (ISPCD) (www.ispcd.org) is a registered association under society registration act in India. ISPCD works with objective particular to researches in dentistry. The scope and work area includes all specialties of dentistry like preventive and community dentistry (dental public health), endodontic, oral and maxillofacial pathology, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral and maxillofacial surgery (also called oral surgery), orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, periodontology (also called periodontics), pediatric dentistry (also called pedodontics), prosthodontics (also called prosthetic dentistry), oral medicine, special needs dentistry (also called special care dentistry), oral biology, forensic odontology, geriatric dentistry or geriodontics, and preventive and social medicine (public health).
Not-for-profit status and taxation
As per society act in India, the Society is a not-for-profit venture, but not registered under tax free donations. The Society does not receive any donations. The Society’s operations are supported solely by membership fees. The Society does not receive any commercial advertisements or promote any dental products on the Society website. We declare no conflict of interest with any commercial companies or products.
Objectives of ISPCD:
- To promote general and oral health among people all over the world and especially among developing countries.
- To provide scientific guidance to the medical and dental fraternity, post-graduate students regarding the advancements in the field of medicine and dentistry with regard to all the preventive and curative treatment modalities.
- To provide medical and dental health education programs for people and schools.
- To create a national and international network of doctors and dentists from all the specialties.
- To promote, assist or conduct research in the field of medical specialties, dental specialties & allied sciences.
- To publish (print and/or online) articles, related to medicine, dentistry and its implication with health.
- To provide training and assistance to medical and dental postgraduates.
- To organize conferences, seminars, symposiums and workshops in medicine, dentistry & allied sciences.
- To get the ISPCD affiliated to other international organizations and establish International offices in future.
- To focus on improve the quality of health-care service in country and all over world.
About the Journal
Journal of International Oral Health, a publication of International Society of Preventive and Community Dentistry, is a peer-reviewed online journal with Bimonthly
print on demand compilation of issues published. The journal’s full text is available online at http://www.jioh.org. The journal allows free access (Open Access) to its contents and permits authors to self-archive final accepted version of the articles on any OAI-compliant institutional / subject-based repository.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
The journal is registered with the following abstracting partners:
Baidu Scholar, CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure), EBSCO Publishing's Electronic Databases, Ex Libris – Primo Central, Google Scholar, Hinari, Infotrieve, National Science Library, ProQuest, TDNet, Wanfang Data
The journal is indexed with, or included in, the following:
Emerging Sources Citation Index, SCOPUS, Web of Science
Wolters Kluwer and Journal/Association are committed to meeting and upholding standards of ethical behavior at all stages of the publication process. We follow closely the industry associations, such as the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) and World Association of Medical Editors (WAME), that set standards and provide guidelines for best practices in order to meet these requirements. For a summary of our specific policies regarding duplicate publication, conflicts of interest, patient consent, etc., please visit www.Medknow.com/EthicalGuidelines.asp
Open Access Publication and Creative Commons Licensing
This is an open access journal, and articles are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License, which allows others to remix, tweak, and build upon the work non-commercially, as long as appropriate credit is given and the new creations are licensed under the identical terms.
Wolters Kluwer Medknow provides for long-term digital preservation through two primary partnerships, Portico and CLOCKSS.
Portico is a leading digital preservation service worldwide. The content is preserved as an archival version and is not publically accessible via Portico, but is provided when required under specific conditions, such as discontinuation of the collection or catastrophic failure of the website.
CLOCKSS will enable any library to maintain their own archive of content from Wolters Kluwer Medknow and other publishers, with minimal technical effort and using cheaply available hardware.
Ahead of Print policy
Articles published online under the Ahead of Print model are considered published and can be cited and quoted using the DOI as the reference source. Wolters Kluwer Medknow has a policy that changes will not be made after publication of an article without following accepted procedures for making corrections to the scientific record.
While advertisements are crucial to this journal to be able to keep all content free for everyone, ethical considerations are in place to ensure the integrity of the journal and its content:
- "Pop-up" and "banner" ads appear on a random, rotating basis. The advertiser has no control or input over the pages where their ads appear.
- The Editorial Board has full and final approval over the content of all advertisements.
- Advertisers will never be shown any manuscripts or other content prior to publication.
It is a journal aimed for research, scientific facts and details covering all specialties of dentistry with a good determination for exploring and sharing the knowledge in the medical and dental fraternity. The scope is therefore huge covering almost all streams of dentistry - starting from original studies, systematic reviews, narrative reviews, very unique case reports. Our journal appreciates research articles pertaining with advancement of dentistry. Journal scope is not limited to these subjects and is more wider covering all specialities of dentistry follows:
- Preventive and Community Dentistry (Dental Public Health)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (also called Oral Surgery)
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Periodontology (also called Periodontics)
- Pediatric Dentistry (also called Pedodontics)
- Prosthodontics (also called Prosthetic Dentistry)
- Oral Medicine
- Special Needs Dentistry (also called Special Care Dentistry)
- Oral Biology
- Forensic Odontology
- Geriatric Dentistry or Geriodontics
- Laser and Aesthetic Dentistry